PJ Association Membership Eligibility
Membership in the Pararescue Association is based on eligibility. All membership applications are subject to review and approval by the PJ Association Board of Directors. The minimum initial membership fee for PJA Members and PJA Associates is 20$, and renews on the anniversary date at $20/year. Elect to become a Life Member and avoid annually recurring dues.
Life and Life Associate Members
Eligibility - PJA Members and PJA Associates in good standing, and active duty, retired and former Pararescuemen, and CRO applicants who are or were assigned to an Active Duty, Air Guard or USAF Reserve Unit, are eligible to become a Life Member.
PJA Life Members
- Life Members enjoy a dues free membership for a 1 time contribution of $300, and a status of being a Life Member of the PJA. New Member Applicants who qualify for PJA Member or PJA Associate status, are encouraged to apply as a Life Member or a Life Associate Member.
- PJA Members and PJA Associates with dues in good standing, are encouraged to upgrade to a Life Membership.
80th Birthday Exemption - PJA Members, with dues in good standing are granted a Life Membership on their 80th birthday.
and Gold Star Memberships
Legacy Membership - is granted to an immediate family member (as identified by DoD), of a Pararescuemen or CRO who has died in the Line of Duty, and who has been nominated by an active Life or Full Member.
Legacy Membership applications are reviewed, and approved by the PJ Association Board of Directors.
There are no annual dues. Legacy members do not have voting privileges.
Honorary Membership - is granted to those who have completed the nomination process, or have been recommended by an operational active duty unit, or by the PJ Association Board of Directors for their outstanding contributions to the Pararescue mission, and its personnel. There are no annual dues. Honorary members do not have voting privileges. (Guidelines are identified in the General Meeting minutes.)
Gold Star Membership - Gold Star Membership is granted to an immediate family member (as identified by DoD) of a Pararescueman, or CRO who died during in combat operations.
There are no annual dues. Gold Star Members do not have voting privileges.
Eligibility - Active duty, retired, separated Pararescuemen, and CRO's who are and, or were assigned to an active duty, Air Guard or USAF Reserve Unit are eligible. Dues must be current to exercise voting privileges.
New PJA Members are encouraged to join as a Life Member. Members electing PJA Member status, join at $20.00/yr; membership renews at $20/yr on the anniversary date. PJA Members in good standing, are eligible to upgrade to Life Membership.
PJA Associate Members
Eligibility - Any individual who is an immediate family member of a past or present Pararescuemen, CRO, or an individual who supports or has supported a Pararescue Unit (Unit with PJ’s or CRO’s assigned), the Pararescue Association, the Pararescue career field, friends of Pararescue, or the goals or mission of Pararescue is eligible to join as an Associate member.
New PJA Associate Members are encouraged to Join as a Life Associate member. PJA Associate members join at $20.00/year. Membership renews at $20/year on the anniversary date. Current PJA Associate Members, in good standing, are eligible to upgrade to a Life Associate Membership.
Widows of a Pararescueman are eligible to apply for a PJA Associate Membership, if they do not otherwise qualify for a Legacy Membership. There are no annual dues. Voting privileges are reserved for PJA Members and Life Members.
PJA Associate member candidates are sponsored by a PJA Member or Life Member in good standing, and must not otherwise meet the PJA Member, or Legacy membership classifications.
Membership Classifications, Fees & Dues
New Member Applicants qualifying for PJA Member or PJA Associate membership are encouraged to join as a Life Member. PJA Members, and PJA Associates, with dues in good standing are encouraged to upgrade to a Life Membership.
- PJA Members - $20.00 to join; renews at $20/year on the anniversary date.
- PJA Associates -$20.00 to join; renews at $20 year on the anniversary date.
- Life Member - ($300.00 1 time fee) - open to Full and Associate Members with dues in good standing. New qualifying Applicants are encouraged to apply for a Life Membership.
- Legacy, Honorary, Gold Star Family and Widow applicants are sponsored by a Life or PJA Member in good standing. A Widow of a PJ applying for a Legacy Membership must not otherwise meet the criteria for a PJA Associate Membership. Legacy Memberships are reviewed and approved by the PJ Association Board of Directors. There are no annual dues.